holy moly

pangratz prattles

GitHub Dashboard #2

Goal of this iteration: Further cleanups of used ember-skeleton template

The variable APPNAME in the Assetfile specifies the name of the application which is created. This name is used for the created modules. It still had the value ember-skeleton from the interline/ember-skeleton project. I changed this to be dashboard. Because the packages are now generated under a new prefix, this has to be changed in the files in app as well. For the replacement I’ve used the following command: perl -pi -w -e 's/ember-skeleton/dashboard/g;' app/**/*.*.

Inside the Assetfile it’s specified to uglify/minify the output when the environment variable RAKEP_MODE is set to production. At the moment this is not set when rake build or rake deploy is invoked. To change this I modified the task deploy accordingly:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
desc "deploy app"
task :deploy do
  ENV['RAKEP_MODE'] = "production"
  Rake::Task["build"].invoke

  origin = `git config remote.origin.url`.chomp
  username = `git config user.name`.chomp
  # ... as previous
end

Roundup

This post cleans up some artifacts from the used interline/ember-skeleton template and fixes the deploy task, so it minifies the generated JavaScripts. The current status of the dashboard repository with the code from this blog post is available at tag v0.0.2 ((changes)).

Comments